Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct telephone and online research to identify appropriate government affairs personnel at organizations in Nueces Together database.
- Conduct telephone and online research to update accurate contact information in the Nueces Together database.
- Conduct telephone and online research to identify civic and community groups in Nueces County.
- Conduct telephone and online research to identify faith groups and elected officials in the Coastal Bend area.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a personal device to conduct online research.
- Must have a personal phone to conduct telephone research.
- Ability to engage in productive phone conversations.
- Ability to investigate and cross reference information.
Benefits of a Nueces Together Internship:
- Learn the basic infrastructure for building and maintaining a public engagement campaign database.
- Interact with community leaders and elected officials regarding the 2020 Census and its impact on Nueces County.
About Nueces Together: Nueces Together is a non-profit organization formed to assist in getting an accurate count of the Nueces County population in the 2020 census. The U.S. Constitution requires a census every ten years. The 2020 census count will have an impact on Nueces County for the next decade. The initial focus of Nueces Together is a public engagement campaign throughout the remainder of 2019 followed by a full ground campaign in 2020.
Location: The Nueces Together office is located at 1231 Agnes Street Unit A9 near downtown Corpus Christi.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org